What You'll Do
Games is looking for a talented, full-time, Lead Gameplay Engineer to join our team. As the lead engineer, you will play a critical role in leading our new in-house team of gameplay engineers, working on all facets of the game architecture.
In this role, you will;
- Mentor and coach other engineers, making everyone around you better
- Provide direction and advice on technical decisions, architecture, and workflow optimization
- Set high standards for code quality, performance, and maintainability
- Ensure the technical approach being proposed for a given feature satisfies both the surface-level and deeper, engineering-specific requirements
- Prototype and iterate on features and ensure high-quality user experiences across all platforms we support
- Write robust, maintainable code
What We're Looking For;
- An analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong C++, debugging skills, and the ability to code and architect gameplay mechanics and tools
- Experience writing multiplayer gameplay systems
- Experience with profiling, testing, optimization and low-level programming
- Author lean, high-performance, maintainable code
- Well-versed in games and the ability to articulate what is strong/weak about the design of existing games
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
- Creativity in problem-solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions.
This is not a pure strategy or totally management biased role, we are an agile global team who are all hands on and we encorage a culture of personal responsibility, problem solving and getting in and resolving issues. We expect a strong work ethic and a desire to achieve outcomes.